So, life has been crazy and ever changing! (as always, right?) Here are a few updates...
~I have completed my last week of classes for my nursing degree!! I have finals Monday and Tuesday, then I am done with classes in my bachelor degree in nursing. I can't even believe it... even as I write this, I am still trying to tell myself that I am graduating in a month. A month?! I remember my first day of college, all scared and nervous. And in 2 months I will be a registered nurse! On November 19, I start my senior practicum. I am in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit - premature babies!) and working 12 hour night shift. Since I am bottom of the totem pole as a new nurse, I need to get used to working the shifts no one wants... the night shift! Luckily, with babies, there isn't a day and night schedule, so I will get just as much action during the night as I would during the day! I am so ready to be done with school work and practicing what I have been preparing for for 4 1/2 years.
~Because the process is so long, I am starting to apply for nursing jobs! It usually takes a few months for a job to get filled and we are allowed to apply before our license is enacted, so here I go! Whatever God has for me, I am not picky. I just want a job and some experience. We shall see what happens...
~Wedding plans are on their way! God has blessed Joel and I with a top level house in Alaska! The owners are Christians, and the tenants below us are good friends of Joel. Although it is the upstairs of a house, we are completely separate from the lower level. It is 2 bedrooms, 1 bath. Can you believe it?!
~Tomorrow we are shipping everything we possibly can to Alaska! If we ship it within the month of November, the ARMY will pay for it. So, I only have the bare minimums left at my house because I don't want to pay to ship it up later.
~Joel is coming home on New Year's EVE!! Instead of 3 days before the wedding, his captain allowed him to come home 2 weeks earlier. Aren't we blessed? God is so good!
SO, there is my life in a nutshell. Wedding, graduation, job searching, NCLEX and moving, here I come!!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kanani, I am so happy for you! Its amazing how things come together. I am glad you guys found a house and that the ARMY will pay to have everything shipped up there! If all else fails I will see you at graduation!
Post a Comment