Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hello all,
We are officially moved into our new apartment! With the help of our church family, we moved into our new apartment on Saturday and are mostly moved in! I will post pictures soon, once we get a little more settled. Ok, I will try and remember all the updates since we have moved up here...

WE ARE MARRIED! January 16, 2010 was the best day of my life. I am finally married to the man of my dreams who I have waited soo long for. Married life has been a blast. We were living out of boxes in a temporary apartment until our permanent one was done being renovated. So, we have some fun newlywed stories of not having pots and pans, and attempting to make mac'n'cheese in the microwave... and then remembering we don't have that yet either! I love every minute with my husband and am brushing up on cooking skills! I have been trying to branch out and learn to cook well for my husband.

I am yet to take my nursing board exam (NCLEX). It is in Anchorage (we are in Fairbanks, AK... 7 hour drive) and naturally my husband doesn't want his new wife trekking across the great beyond since I've only lived here a month. I opted to go by myself because we are very much on ARMY time now and they need to give Joel permission to leave the city. Joel is going to WLC (wilderness leadership class for the Army since he is an NCO - non commissioned officer. Army = acronyms. Still learning) starting March 4 for about 3 weeks. Thus, I am unable to travel to Anchorage and take the test. So, we are planning for first week in April as the best scenario: I can study while he is at class from 5am-7pm everyday, he can apply for a pass to leave the city and cheap plane tickets! So, starting March 4 I am digging into studying! Pray for me...

Many of you know about my crazy ear infection/whatever the heck it is! History: since June, I have been having ear drainage and pain. I've been to the doctor 3 times and walked out empty handed with instructions to stick hydrocortisone cream in my ear. Anyways, a week ago I woke up in the middle of the night with the most intense head/ear/lymph node pain I have ever felt. Everytime my ear even grazed the pillow, I would be sent into a huge pulsating headache. I eventually woke Joel up because it was so unbearable. We went to the ER, got me some strong pain meds, got ear drops and a referral to the ENT doctor! As un-fun as that was, I praise God that my ears are finally getting the attention they need to heal! I've been on ear drops since then and I am already feeling relief.

I will post pictures of the new apartment soon! Miss you all!



No comments: